Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WHILE IT LASTS- sneak peek #2

Damn. Maybe I should come out to the country more often. I didn’t realize they grew girls like this out here.
     
  “Eva, you aren’t ready yet? I thought we were gonna make the six-thirty show,” Jeremy said from behind me. Ah, hell no. Surely not. This goddess was with that guy? I brought my eyes back up to her face to find her blue eyes staring directly at me. They really were the bluest fucking eyes I’d ever seen.
   “Who are you?” the icy tone in her voice took me by surprise. 
   “Down, girl. Play nice, Eva. This is the guy your daddy has helping him this summer.” Her eyes flashed something that looked like, disgust? Really? I’d seen that look in a girl’s eyes before but never directed at me. Interesting.
      “You’re the drunk,” she stated. It wasn’t a question. So I didn’t reply. Instead, I flashed her the sexiest smile I had and took a step toward her.
      “I got a lot of names, baby,” I finally responded.
      Her eyebrows arched and she straightened her stance before nailing me with the coldest glare I’d ever been witness to. What was this chick’s deal? 
    “I'm sure you do. Let me guess, STD, loser, jackass, and drunk- just to name a few,” she clipped stepping out of the door and slamming it behind her. Her gaze shifted to Jeremy, who was chuckling behind me.

Abbi Glines Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment