Tuesday, August 21, 2012

3 Fall into the Otherside Short Story Series - Denise Grover Swank

I’m kicking off another short story series for  On the Otherside in anticipation of the release of THERE in December. Each story will be a prequel to HERE and give you a little insight to the characters lives leading up to Julia’s accident and the beginning  the book.

This will also be a chance for readers of my other series to get a glimpse into the  characters from On the Otherside. While HERE is a young adult book and appropriate for younger preteen readers, it’s not juvenile in its tone or context. It’s a story with sixteen and seventeen year old main characters but the emotional depth you’ve come to expect from my books (at least I hope you have) is still there. In fact,I consider HERE to be my best written book to date if you’re looking for pretty words. I think the story is pretty good too, but then again I’m kind of partial.  In any case, if you haven’t read HERE you can check out the stories and see if it’s a series you want to try.

The stories will ONLY be available to newsletter subscribers. I may bundle them together and publish them at some point, but that itself is a bit of a hassle and not my intention.  I enjoy writing the stories and it’s a gift to my readers. I will post a link and a password to read the story on my website each month from September to December.  Here’s a list of the stories I plan to write:

September: Once in a Lifetime, Reece POV, the story behind the painting in his room. (Note: this story was originally a guest blog post)
October: Julia POV, Julia and Monica before the accident that killed Monica
November: Evan POV, when Evan realizes he has the chance to see Julia again
December: Reece POV, when Julia meets Reece in the church before the accident

**Personal note: OMG SO EXCITED!!!!**

Denise Grover Swank's Website

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you like the idea! Maybe I can get some of my Chosen readers to cross over and try HERE after they read the stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVED Here, so this makes me very excited!! And I love my boys hehe!

    ReplyDelete