Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Chosen Summer Shorts– #1 Emergence

http://www.denisegroverswank.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Emergence.jpg

Emergence, the first short story for The Chosen series is now available on Amazon for $0.99.  The good news is that newsletter subscribers get to read it on my website for free! The newsletters for June, July and August will include a link to that month’s story on my site, along with a password. The story is in a PDF file.


All of the stories are prequels to Chosen and the first one is Emma’s story.  It starts three years before Chosen, when Jake began to get visions and the Bad Men first showed up. I’ll be honest. I really, really love this story. I neglected my children and wrote it in less than twenty-four hours. It’s 10,000 words, forty-two pages long, so you know I spent most to that time with my butt firmly planted in a chair. But I couldn’t help it. Her story just rolled right out of of me. When I finished, I attached it to an an email and sent it to my crit partner Trisha Leigh. Trisha’s always been a Will fan, but she told me she LOVED it and said this story gave her an entirely new perspective on Emma.


Click here to read the rest of the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment