Monday, July 23, 2012

While It Lasts Sneak Peek #3

 “You didn’t tell me you had company, Eva,” Becca Lynn cooed twirling one of her long blonde locks around her finger while batting her eyelashes in Cage’s direction. Good lord she was ridiculous.
          “I don’t have company Becca,” I snapped hoping to get her attention but it didn’t work. “This is Daddy’s summer help. He’s working with our cows. Because he got a DUI and he is serving time.” Maybe that would wake her up out of this worshipful gaze she had on him. But it didn’t.
          “Oh, so you’ll be here all summer?” she asked still smiling up at Cage like he was a freaking rock star.
          “Looks that way,” he replied in an amused tone. Great even the man whore beside me thought she was making a fool of herself.
          “Well, when you’re not working and get bored I could keep you company—“
          “Becca Lynn,” I raised my voice to stop her from offering to come warm his damn bed in the barn.
          Finally, her eyes shifted off Cage to meet my gaze. The twinkle in her eye told me she knew exactly how it sounded and she didn’t care not one bit.
         “Thank you. I’m sure that I’ll be needing someone to show me what to do for entertainment when the work-day's through. I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have take me around and enlighten me to the things to do out here in the country.” The sexy drawl thing he had going on just pissed me off. It also gave me chill bumps and made my heart race. 
         Becca Lynn’s eyes swung back over to eat Cage alive. “That sounds like a really good plan,” she closed the distance between them and held out her perfectly manicured hand. Hot pink nails that I was sure matched her toenails, wiggled in his direction invitingly. Becca was as high maintenance as they came around here. “I’m Becca Lynn Blevins.”
         Cage closed the small amount of space Becca had left between them and slipped his hand into hers. Did Becca just shiver? “Cage York and it’s a pleasure, Becca.”
        “Oh,” she breathed. Her head tilted back as she drank him in. I swear, if he kissed her in my kitchen I was going to throw my cobbler batter at him.
         “I got to get back to work. I’ll be looking for you to come entertain me real soon, Becca Lynn.” Cage said in a low whisper then stepped around her and headed out the door without a backward glance.

Abbi Glines Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment