Friday, July 27, 2012

While it Lasts Sneak Peek #4


Excerpt from WHILE IT LASTS by Abbi Glines
Release date set for July 31, 2012


             Leaning against the tree, I took another swig of water and wrapped the ice towel around my neck. The breeze was nicer when the scorching sun wasn’t bearing down on you.
            “What did you do to Becca Lynn?”
            Snapping my head up from its resting place against the tree I took in the first real sight of Eva I’d had since the night at the lake. Her long brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail. She was wearing a short white cotton sundress and a pair of flip flops. She was also trying real hard to look stern. She wasn’t upset with me. She was just being nosey. I liked that.
            “Good morning to you too Eva,” I replied unable to keep from smiling.
            She tilted her head to one side and continued to force that frown. I’d seen the real thing. This was not the real “angry Eva” face. “Becca Lynn hasn’t come around in two days. That isn’t normal. Especially since she was so hot after you. So, what did you do to her?”
           “I believe it’s what I didn’t do to her.” I took a slow swig of my water but I didn’t take my eyes off her as she let me words sink in.
           Shifting her feet she put her hands on her hips. “What does that mean?”
           “It means exactly what it sounds like. I didn’t do her. I’m guessing that’s the problem.”
           Eva’s fake scowl disappeared and she was frowning. “But I saw you both naked at the…” she trailed off and her eyes grew wider. Two pink splotches covered her cheeks. Eva Brooks had come back to the lake the other night. And she’d seen me naked. Yeah, I was going to have to spend a lot of fucking time in the shower now. The image of her sneaking around to see me naked was just hot.
          “Did Eva Brooks come back to the lake and get her eyes full?” I teased.

Abbi Glines Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment