Thursday, July 5, 2012

First teaser from While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

My phone started ringing in my pocket and I pulled it out to see Low’s name lighting up the screen.
  “Hey baby,” I replied backing up and sinking down onto the bed. Surprisingly the mattress wasn’t bad.
            “So how is everything? Are they nice?” Just hearing Low’s voice made me feel better. Not so alone.
            “I’ve only met the guy’s daughter and the next door neighbor.”
            “Oh, so there’s a farmer’s daughter?” the teasing tone in Low’s voice made me chuckle. Yeah, there was a farmer’s daughter alright but it wasn’t what Low was thinking.
            “There’s a farmer’s daughter but she hated me on sight. Crazy I know and, to think, I thought it was impossible for a female to hate me until after I bagged her then forgot her name in the morning.”
            “She hates you? That’s… odd.” Low’s voice trailed off like she was in deep thought.

Out July 31, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment