Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just for Now Sneak Peak - Abbi Glines

I started to respond when Dewayne’s eyes widened and he let out a low whistle. I followed his gaze and almost swallowed my damn tongue.
            Amanda was here. Wearing a short white clingy dress. Her long tanned legs looked even longer with the bronze high-heeled sandals she was wearing.  Her silky blond hair was pulled up on her head but several curls had fallen loose and brushed her bare neck and shoulders. Ah, hell.
            “Is she with Jason Stone? Fuck, I hope not.  Marcus is gonna be pissed.” Dewayne’s words slapped me in the face. I tore my eyes off her and looked to see whose arm it was she was holding onto. Jax Stone’s brother was smiling down at her saying something. He was making her laugh. She was gazing up at him like he was fascinating. Fuck. A red haze settled over my vision and I started to move. A hand clamped down on my arm and jerked me back.
            “What the hell are you doing?” Dewayne’s hard tone surprised me.  What was I doing?
            “I, he, she… I don’t know.”
            I didn’t look back at Dewayne. I couldn’t explain that asinine answer. Instead, I turned to the bar tender. “Make that a double and keep ‘em coming.”


Check out more about Just For Now and Abbi's other books at her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment