Thursday, November 29, 2012

Coming Soon...Sneak Peak for Fallen to Far by Abbi Glines

SNEAK PEEK: (Note: this is an unedited excerpt)


“I just got off work,” I replied trying hard to keep my eyes on his and not his chest.
            “So you got a job?”
            “Yes. Yesterday.”
            “Where at?”
            I wasn’t sure how I felt about telling him too much. He wasn’t a friend.  And it was obvious I’d never consider him family. Our parents may be married but he didn’t seem to want to have anything to do with my father or me.
            “Kerrington Country Club,” I replied.
            Rush’s eyebrows shot up and he took a step closer to me then slipped a hand under my chin and tilted my face up. “You’re wearing mascara,” he said studying me.
            “Yes I am,” I pulled my chin out of his grasp. He may be letting me sleep at his house but I didn’t like him touching me. Or maybe I did like him touching me and that was the problem. I didn’t want to like him touching me.
            “It makes you look more your age,” he stepped back and did a slow appraisal of my clothing.
            “You’re the cart girl at the golf course,” he said simply looking back up at me.
            “How did you know?” I asked.
            He waved a hand at me, “The outfit. Tight little white shorts and polo shirts. It’s the uniform.”
            I was glad for the darkness. I was positive I was blushing.
            “You’re making a fucking killing aren’t you?” he asked in an amused tone.
            I’d made over five hundred dollars in tips in two days. That wasn’t a killing to him but to me it was.
So I shrugged. “You will be relieved to know that I’ll be out of here in less than a month.”
He didn’t respond right away. I should probably leave and go get my shower. I started to say something when he took a step closer to me. “I probably should be. Relieved that is. Real fucking relieved. But, I’m not. I’m not relieved, Blaire,” he paused and leaned down to whisper in my ear, “why is that?”
I wanted to reach out and grab his arms to keep from crumpling to the ground in a heap of mush. But I refrained.
“Keep your distance from me, Blaire. You don’t want too close. Last night,” he swallowed loudly. “Last night, is haunting me. Knowing you were watching. It drives me crazy. So, stay away. I’m doing my best to stay way from you.” He turned and jogged back up to the house as I stood there trying to keep from melting in a puddle onto the sand. 

Check out Abbi's Website for info on Fallen to Far.


No comments:

Post a Comment