Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Birthday Bash! Happy Birthday Abbi Glines!



Today is the wonderful and talented Abbi Glines Birthday and I am participating in a birthday bash to celebrate this amazing woman/author. All of the blogs in this birthday bash are haring their favorite Abbi moments on her special day, so I do hope you check out the other blogs as well, to see their birthday wishes!! And be sure to check out the giveaway at the bottom of the post in honor of the birthday bash!!




Special thanks for AToMR for hosting and putting together this amazing birthday bash, and thanks for inviting me to participate!!

__________________________________


My first book I read by Abbi Glines was her debut novel, Breathe. I was reviewing books and a different review site and we had gotten this book to review. I thought the cover was interesting, but I wasn't entirely sure what it was about. After the first few pages though, I was hooked, and I couldn't put this book down. I knew once I finished Breathe, Abbi Glines was one of my most favorite authors, and I wanted to read everything she was going to write.

Breathe went through many costume changes with the cover, but each one to me marks the height of its popularity. I remember the first one very well, and was very excited when she got a new cover, because it fit Jax and Sadie very well. This is the cover on the paper back copy I did get! And the third cover honestly just takes your breath away, just like this story did to me!



 
I do have to say, by far, my favorite series by Abbi Glines is the Existence Series. My heart will always be in the paranormal, so when I had heard Abbi was putting out a paranormal story, I wanted this book in my hands ASAP! And when I finally did get it, I was not disappointed in the least. This was everything you could want in a paranormal story and more. I fell in love with Dank right away and the view she paints of life and death in this story is a view I feel people can bring to their own lives. She made this series personal in a paranormal world. I can't say enough about this series.

When she decided to do a novella for Leif, I was so happy. She completed  every side of the story and this is why she is one of my favorite authors!!!


Happy Birthday Abbi, thank you for all the amazing stories and for being such an amazing author, and friend. I hope you have a wonderful day!!!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment